Expertise: Tax Services
Simone Alting is an Associate Partner, US Tax and Advisory Services at KNAV. She is based out of the Atlanta, USA office.
Simone has a geographically diverse client base to which she provides a global perspective on tax treaties, International tax planning and structuring, tax research, FIRPTA, tax compliance, U.S. and foreign trusts; estate and gift tax planning and compliance; OVDP & IRS Streamlined Program, and Expatriations.
- Simone has advised multinational corporations in international transactions using her multi-jurisdictional expertise to bring tax efficacies to her clients. She has provided tax advisory opinions on domestic and cross border transactions and overseen related U.S. tax compliance.
- She has been involved in cross-border estate – and gift tax planning, consulted on residency issues and the application of tax treaties.
- She advised German clients on the tax aspects of investing in U.S. real estate, including the FIRPTA rules and the rules on REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts);
- Simone has assisted clients to get back into compliance with U.S. filing and reporting requirements through OVDP and Streamlined Filing Procedures.
- Certified Public Accountant – State of Georgia,
- Licensed German Attorney (admitted to the Bar of the State of Bavaria)
- Mandatory Clerkship at the Courts of the State of Bavaria
- LL.M. Degree (Master of Law) – Saint Louis University School of Law, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich Germany (Law Degree)
- European & US multinational corporations, partnerships and individuals in multiple industries.