Expertise: Tax Services
Sanjay Kapadia is a Senior Advisor, India Tax Practice at KNAV. He is based out of the Mumbai office. Sanjay has held senior partnership positions at firms like B S R & Associates LLP, EY, PwC, RSM and Co., and B. S Mehta & Co. In his previous assignment, he has served as a Partner – International Tax & Transfer Pricing at B S R & Associates LLP, Mumbai.
- Advising MNCs & Indian Corporates on tax and regulatory matters, including application of Tax Treaties, Permanent Establishment issues; and dealing with the Mutual Agreement Procedure
- Advising and helping MNCs set up business in India
- Advising and helping Indian Corporates set up business outside India
- Corporate Restructuring advisory and implementation
- Transfer Pricing strategy, including Intellectual Property Planning and tax-efficient supply chain planning, documentation and compliance & APA
- Representation before revenue authorities, including litigation strategy and support
- Routine advisory under Allied laws (eg. FEMA, Stamp Duty, etc.)
- Basic legal drafting e.g. commercial contracts (JV, Provision of Services, Technology, etc.), personal documents (Employment contract, Rent, etc.)
- Chartered Accountant and Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Law Graduate from Mumbai University
- Bachelors in Commerce from Mumbai University
- Leading Multinationals across manufacturing and service-sectors including Consumer Products, Financial services Industrial Products, Information Technology, Pharma, and Indian Corporates.
- Contributed articles in the leading international tax magazines (ITR, BNA) and leading Indian financial dailies. Presenter and panel speaker on tax and transfer pricing issues at the request of industry and professional organizations . Conducted training sessions /presentations at the Indian Tax Departments’ National Tax Academy
- Served on Pannell Kerr Foster’s (UK based accounting firm) International Tax Committee. Co-opted member of the Corporate and Allied Laws Committee (2005 – 06) and the Direct Tax Committee (2008 – 09) of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India. Co-authored Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society’s Transfer Pricing Manual. In the past, served on the Editorial Board of Taxmann’s Monthly Journal on International Taxation