Expertise: Business Valuation
Rajesh Khairajani is the Partner for Financial Reporting and Valuation Practice at KNAV. He is based out of the Mumbai office.
- Advises multinational firms in financial reporting (US GAAP, Ind AS, IFRS etc.) with a special focus on fair value measurements, business combinations, impairment testing and share based payments. He has enriching experience in audit and financial reporting for a host of Indian multinational companies for financial statements prepared in accordance of USGAAP, IFRS, and Ind AS.
- Performed valuation per ASC 350/360 and ASC 805 for one of the largest medical transcription company listed on NYSE (“New York Stock Exchange”)
- Performed valuation per ASC 350/360 for a Bermuda stock exchange listed company having investments in a commodity exchange business, oil exploration business and real estate business
- Performed valuation as per ASC 805 and ASC 350 for one of the largest US pharmaceutical consulting company acquired by an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company listed on the BSE (“Bombay Stock Exchange”) & NSE (“National Stock Exchange)
- Performed impairment analysis per IAS 36 for a major IT company listed on the BSE (“Bombay Stock Exchange”) & NSE (“National Stock Exchange)
- Performed valuation for tax restructuring for a major IT company listed on the BSE
- Master’s degree in Commerce from the University of Mumbai
- US Certified Public Accountant from the Delaware State Board of Accountancy, and a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Indian Chartered Accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India, having completed the Certificate Course on valuation conducted by ICAI
- Indian multinationals having business interests in USA, Canada and UK operating in the pharmaceutical and IT/ITES segment.
- Trustee of a family run educational society and sanctions educational aids to eligible school children.
- Contributes thought-provoking articles and comments regularly to local and international media, professional publications and professional bodies. He is regularly invited to present papers and speak at various conferences, webinars and seminars organized by NASSCOM and Indo American Chamber of Commerce.