Expertise: Audit and Assurance
Poojan is an Assistant Manager within the International Assurance and Advisory Services Practice at KNAV’s Atlanta and Mumbai office. He has about 4 years of experience in providing assurance and advisory services to clients.
- Poojan specializes in accounting advisory services ranging from Drafting technical accounting memos to New Standard implementation.
- Poojan also has experience in providing advisory services in the area of financial reporting valuations.
- He has been a part of various assurance assignments as per US GAAP, Indian GAAP (Ind AS), and IFRS of various private listed and public listed company
- He has been involved in assisting several clients with the adoption of new lease standards (ASC 842 and IFRS 16) and the implementation of the revenue recognition standard (ASC 606 and IFRS 15).
- Assistance in pushdown accounting of goodwill upon acquisition.
- The varied experience has enabled Poojan to advise Indian multinational companies on identifying and understanding significant differences and similarities between Indian GAAP (Ind AS), IFRS, as issued by the IASB, and US GAAP with regards to recognition and measurement principles and presentation and disclosure requirements under each financial reporting framework.
- Poojan was involved in the SPAC assignment of SaaS Company wherein he played a pivotal role in handling the following;- Analysing critical areas and documentation.
– Preparation of S-1 compliant financial statements
– Pre-clearance matter of SEC
– Assists in completion of GAAP & SEC checklist
- Chartered Accountant and Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Company Secretary from the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI)
- Bachelors in Commerce from Mumbai University
- Leading Indian and US private and public multinational companies from sectors such as Pharma, Information Technology, industrial products, Entertainment, Broker Dealer retail banking and service-oriented industries.
Email: [email protected]