Expertise: Tax Services
As the US Tax and Advisory Partner at KNAV’s Atlanta office, Nishta heads the US Tax & Transfer Pricing Practice of the Group. Her original and well planned strategies help streamline mergers and acquisitions with greater efficiency. Her meticulous approach for US tax audits and sharp acumen for US tax nuances provides valuable solutions to clients.
Prior to joining KNAV in 1999, Nishta was heading the investment banking division of a leading financial group in Mumbai, India.
In her role as the tax partner, Nishta has advised clients on
- Various US tax-free reorganization provisions to best accomplish tax efficient merger strategies.
- Multi-jurisdictional tax implications of sale of businesses’ on corporations and shareholders.
- Tax mitigation strategies for cross border IPRs.
- Implementing alternative structures to achieve their goals of minimizing worldwide effective tax rates, while achieving business and economic objectives.
Nishta has provided US tax compliance and US tax advisory services to large Indian and foreign multinationals. With over a decade of experience in dealing with Indian multinational companies, she is able to provide customized solutions for the unique challenges faced by these companies. Nishta has served clients in various industries ranging in size from $500 million to emerging small companies.
Based out of the Atlanta office of the KNAV group, Ms. Sharma has also been instrumental in setting up the Global Transfer Pricing Practice with a special emphasis on US taxation; both federal and state and has enabled Indian and foreign companies to efficiently plan their tax structures.
- US Certified Public Accountant from the Delaware State Board of Accountancy and is an active member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce from H R College of Commerce & Economics, University of Mumbai, India
Her clientele comprises
- Leading Indian Multi-national organizations, Technology, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, auto components, manufacturing and distribution Information Technology, consumer products, industrial products, and service oriented industries
- Owner-managed, entrepreneurial, businesses, including small and medium enterprises
Email: [email protected]