Expertise: Audit and Assurance
Hemlata Jhawar is the Practice Director – International Assurance & Accounting Advisory
She is a commerce graduate, a fellow member of Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), LLB, DISA and CIS (UK).
Have prior experience of working with PWC and EY‘s Assurance practice, Mumbai for over 12 years.
Hemlata has over 15 years of professional experience and practical experience of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Regulatory inspections and reporting. She is focused on providing Regulatory and financial reporting insight and analysis to a wide variety of clients as well as advising on the impact of GAAP convergence and ongoing financial reporting requirements.
- Providing auditing and advisory services to clients spanning across Mutual Funds, Nonbanking Finance Companies, Housing Finance Companies, Exchanges, Merchant Bankers, Stock Brokers, Insurance Brokers, Venture Capital Funds and manufacturing and service sectors
- GAAP convergence projects (IFRS/US GAAP);
- Conducting thorough due diligence;
- Contributing to technical accounting publications.
- Auditing financial statements prepared under Indian General Accepted Accounting Principles (IGAAP), Company’s Act, RBI regulations, SEBI regulations, IRDA regulations, NHB Regulations, and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Hemlata had lead audits of India’s largest credit rating agency, India’s oldest Exchange, large housing finance and mutual fund clients along with medium small businesses in a variety of industries
- She has led IFRS diagnostic projects for a large NBFC in India
- Delivered a sessions in National Housing Bank’s programme –‘Regulatory Framework for Housing Finance Companies’ for two consecutive years
Skills and experience
- 15+ years of audit experience
- GAAP convergence, Carve-outs
- IFRS 15 and IFRS 9
- Capital markets and Due diligence experience
- Auditing in a range of industries