Expertise: Tax Services
Deep Kothari is the Manager of India Tax practice, at KNAV. He is based out of the Mumbai office. Deep has over 7 years of post-qualification experience in tax and regulatory advisory services with a specialization in the financial service space. Prior to joining KNAV Deep was a part of Bansi S. Mehta & Co., Dhruva Advisors LLP, and PricewaterhouseCoopers Private Limited.
- Deep has assisted a leading asset and wealth management company in India, in having a first presence in the International Financial Service Center.
- Deep specializes in providing fund set-up services, which includes but not limited to Category II AIF, Category III AIF, Offshore Funds etc.
- Deep has been an active member in various funding deals which involve debt financing/ structuring. Deep has been extensively involved in the debt listing process, due diligence of the borrowing entity, and providing incidental transaction advisory services.
- Deep has experience in advising the clients on matter relating to domestic and international taxation, including exchange control regulations, SEBI regulations and corporate law.
- Deep has also assisted in representing the clients across various sectors, before Income-tax authorities, Appellate authorities, and High court.
- Chartered Accountant and Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- Bachelor in Commerce from Mumbai University
- LLB from Mumbai University
- Leading Indian multinational organizations in private equity and venture capital space, Real Estate Sector, Banking, and Non-Banking Financial Company, Offshore Funds, IT and ITES sector and entities engaged in tollways and road development.