Partner - International Assurance & Accounting Advisory
Atul heads the International Assurance and Advisory Services Practice of the KNAV Group. As the lead Partner at KNAV’s Atlanta ofﬁce, USA, Atul leverages his extensive business experience to advise multinational clients in a rapidly changing business environment with his workable but creative ideas and intrepid accounting skills
Atul has extensive experience in large number of areas of international accounting auditing with specialisation in the IT, healthcare, pharmaceutical, automobile and manufacturing industries. He has assisted both private and publicly-held companies’ in preparation and audit of ﬁnancial statements prepared in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS. Atul advises multinational companies on international accounting, with a special focus on fair value measurements, accounting for income taxes and accounting for business combinations. He has been an Engagement Partner for a SEC Registrant Company, US GAAP/ US GAAS engagements, IFRS/IAS engagements, and Indian GAAP/GAAS engagements. He has been instrumental in assisting clients with SEC reporting and ﬁling requirements, GAAP compliance and providing restructuring solutions especially at the time of mergers and acquisitions.
- Indian Chartered Accountant with a fellowship from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and did his training with a leading Indian accounting, tax and business advisory ﬁrm.
- US Certiﬁed Public Accountant from the Georgia State Board of Accountancy and is an active member of the American Institute of Certiﬁed Public Accountants.
- Irish Chartered Accountant and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ireland.
- Canadian Chartered Accountant and is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of British Columbia.
- Accredited in Business Valuation from the American Institute of Certiﬁed Public Accountants.
- Leading Indian Multi-national organizations, Pharmaceutical, Technology, healthcare, auto components, manufacturing and distribution Information Technology, consumer products, industrial products, and service oriented industrie
- Owner-managed, entrepreneurial, businesses, including small and medium enterprises
- In his early days, Atul was a lecturer at Mumbai University’s Master of Management Studies course, where he taught the ﬁnancial reporting course
- Atul is a member of AICPA’s Cross Border Mergers & Acquisition Task Force
- Speaker at conferences and seminars conducted by Indo American Chamber of Commerce and NASSCOM
- Conducting training programs and speaking at national and international seminars / conferences on Doing Business in US, US GAAP, IFRS etc. Till date spoken extensively at nearly 20 in house training programs and 80 workshops/seminars.