Amitabh Khemka is Lead Partner, Global Indirect Taxes at KNAV. Amitabh has over 20 years of experience in the area of indirect tax including with KPMG India, Vodafone India, BMR Advisors, and Sthir Advisors.
He is based out of the Mumbai office.
- Among Amitabh’s core areas of expertise are tax-cost optimization, tax efficiency opportunities, transaction structuring and supply-chain mapping, risk mitigation, ‘standardization, automatic & implementation’ of tax processes, advocacy and litigation.
- He has assisted businesses implement GST with respect to tax, technology, trainings, and tools.
- He has assisted clients in evaluating indirect tax (VAT / GST / digital tax) implications in the arena of digital economy, especially evaluating classification of supply in different countries
- He has assisted clients for incentives offered by Central Government (including under Production Linked Incentive Schemes) and State Governments in India, for setting-up of manufacturing facilities, including in specific economic zone / industrial parks.
- He has led industry representations on indirect taxes (including GST) on behalf of industry forums before the Indian Government.
- He was a member of the Working Group on GST – a sub-group of the Empowered Committee of State Finance Ministers in India.
- Chartered Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Bachelors in Commerce from University of Mumbai
- His industry exposure is diverse including banking and financial services, digital economy, information technology, logistics, infrastructure, manufacturing, media and entertainment, pharmaceutical, power, and renewable energy, retail and telecommunications.
- He is a member of the National Taxation Committee of Confederation of Indian Industry, Indirect Taxation Committee of Assocham and Indirect Taxation Committee of IMC Chamber of Commerce.
- He has presented a paper of ‘Digital economy – consumption taxes’ at Allinial Global’s Asia Pacific Committee of Practice on Taxation. KNAV is a member firm of Allinial Global, an international association of independent accounting firms.
Email: [email protected]