INDIA DIRECT TAX
- Advisory on domestic as well as international tax matters including cross-border transactions
- Aligning tax strategy with business functions, including advising on various deductions, exemptions, etc.
- Structuring for inbound and outbound investment, including analysis of the most suitable jurisdiction as well as the most efficient choice of entity, keeping in mind your financial situation, unique business model, repatriation goals etc.
- Advice on withholding tax obligations including payments to non-residents
- Profit repatriation analysis
- Advisory assistance at tax provision stage
- Expatriate related advisory involving:
- Compensation structuring;
- Impact on legal and economic employer of the expatriate;
- Specific reference to exemption / tax credit mechanism to ensure no double taxation
- Expatriate retiral benefits
- Advisory on employee stock option plans (‘ESOP’) (domestic as well as cross border schemes), covering even ESOPs from overseas foreign parents to employees of Indian subsidiary, or vice versa.
- Registration with tax authorities
- Preparation/ Review and filing of tax returns, including e-filing
- Issuance of Audit/Accountant Certificates under various provisions – Remitting funds to non-residents, tax audit, transfer pricing, tax exemption, etc.
- Processing withholding tax payments and preparation, review and e-filing of withholding tax returns
- Payroll tax processing