In this age of the Internet where privacy has become an increasing concern, we take your privacy very seriously. The privacy and security of your personal data (the “Personal Information”) which we collect from you is important to us. It is equally important that you understand how we handle this data.
By accepting employment with KNAV CPA, you expressly acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to all of the terms of this Privacy agreement as outlined below and as it may be modified by us from time to time with or without prior notice.
Collection of Information
Our business and complying with federal, state, and local government regulations governing such matters as employment, tax, insurance, etc., we must collect Personal Information from you. The nature of the Information collected varies somewhat for each employee, depending on your employment responsibilities, your citizenship, the location of the facility where you work, and other factors. We collect Personal Information from you solely for business purposes, including those related directly to your employment with the Company, and those required by governmental agencies.
Data collected may include, without limitation, such things as:
- Your name
- User ID(s)
- Phone numbers
- Email address (es)
- Mailing addresses
- Banking and other financial data
- Government identification numbers, e.g., Social Security number, driver’s license number
- Date of birth
- Gender, race, and ethnicity
- Health and disability data
- Family-related data, e.g., marital status,
- Personal and health -related data for you and your family
- Trade union data
- Your Photograph
Anyone who sends unsolicited to the Company by any means, e.g., mail, email, fax, expressly consents to the storage, destruction, processing, or disclosure of the data, as well as any other reasonable business-related use by the Company or any government agency of the unsolicited data.
We do monitor employee use of the Internet in order to detect access to inappropriate websites or other misuse of the Company’s computer network. We also use email filters to block spam and computer viruses. These filters may from time-to-time block legitimate email messages.
The Company will not knowingly collect or use Personal Data in any manner not consistent with this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, and applicable laws.
Because the Personal Information collected by the Company is necessary for business purposes, you are required to provide it. Your refusal or failure to provide the requested Personal Information may, therefore, disqualify you from employment with KNAV CPA or from receipt or enjoyment of certain Company benefits.
Use of the Information We Collect
The primary purposes for collection, storage and/or use of your Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Human Resources Management. Wecollect, store, analyze, and share (internally) Personal Information in order to attract, retain and motivate a highly qualified workforce. This includes recruiting, compensation planning, succession planning, reorganization needs, performance assessment, training, employee benefit administration, compliance with applicable legal requirements, and communication with employees and/or their representatives.
- Business Processes and Management. Personal Information is usedto run our business operations including, for example, scheduling work assignments, managing company assets, reporting and/releasing public data (e.g., Annual Reports, etc.); and populating employee directories. Information may also be used to comply with government regulation.
- Safety and Security Management.We use such Information as appropriate to ensure the safety and protection of employees, assets, resources, and communities.
- Communication and Identification. We use your Personal Information to identify you and to communicate with you.
- To Get client confidence.We may publish your public domain profile information like qualification, work experience on our website to gain customer confidence. This will remain on the website on need-to-know basis and will be removed after termination of employment.
Disclosure of Data
The Company acts to protect your Personal Information and ensure that unauthorized individuals do not have access to your Information by using security measures to protect Personal Information. We will not knowingly disclose, sell or otherwise distribute your Personal Information to any third party without your knowledge and, where appropriate, your express written permission, except under the following circumstances.
- Legal requests and investigations.We may disclose your Personal Information when such disclosure is reasonably necessary
- (i) to prevent fraud;
- (ii) to comply with any applicable statute, law, rule or regulation; or
- (iii) to comply with a court order.
- Third-party vendors and service providers.We may, from time to time, outsource services, functions, or operations of our business to third -party service providers. When engaging in such outsourcing, it may be necessary for us to disclose your Personal Information to those service providers, e.g., a payroll service, a benefits provider. In some cases, the service providers may collect Personal Information directly from you on our behalf. We will work with any such providers to restrict how the providers may access, use and disclose your Information.
Security of Your Personal Information
We employ reasonable security measures and technologies, such as password protection, encryption, physical locks, etc., to protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Only authorized employees have access to Personal Information. If you are an employee with such authorization it is imperative that you take the appropriate safeguards to protect such Information. Paper and other hard copy containing Personal Information (or any other confidential information) should be secured in a locked location when not in use. Computers and other access points should be secured when not in use by logging out or locking. Passwords and user ID’s should be guarded and not shared. When no longer necessary for business purposes, paper and hard copies should be immediately destroyed using paper shredders or similar devices. Do not leave copies in unsecured locations waiting to be shredded or otherwise destroyed. Do not make or distribute unauthorized copies of documents or other tangible medium containing personal data. Electronic files containing Personal Information should only be stored on secure computers and not copied or otherwise shared with unauthorized individuals within or outside of Company.
The Company will make reasonable efforts to secure Personal Information stored or transmitted electronically secure from hackers or other persons who are not authorized to access such Information.
Updating and Accessing Your Personal Data
You must promptly inform us when changes occur in the Personal Information you have provided so that we can maintain accurate Information about you. Although you may update or change your Information, we may maintain such Personal Information previously submitted in historical archives.
Special Categories Data
As your employer, we have a legitimate interest and, in some cases, a legal obligation to process certain special category data about you. This can include but is not limited to information about health conditions.
Where we collect such information, We will only request and process the minimum necessary for the specified purpose and ensure that the required protective measures and security is placed on all special category data.
Lodging A Complaint
KNAV CPA only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information please contact:
DATA PRIVACY OFFICER
How Long We Keep Your Data
KNAV CPA only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. See Records Retention Policy for more information.
This Agreement contains the entire agreement between YOU AND KNAVCPA, and supersedes any prior written or oral agreements between them concerning the subject matter contained herein. The provisions of this Agreement may be waived, altered, amended or repealed, in whole or in part, only upon the written consent of all parties. The waiver of any party of a breach or violation of any provision of this Agreement shall not operate as or be construed to be a waiver of any subsequent breach hereof. This Agreement constitutes the product of negotiations of the parties hereto and any enforcement hereof will be interpreted in a neutral manner and not more strongly for against any party based upon the source of the draftsmanship of this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remaining provisions hereof shall continue to be fully effective.
The Employee as named below acknowledges that the KNAV CPA shall or may in reliance of this agreement provide Employee access to trade secrets, customers and other confidential data and good will. Employee agrees to retain said information as confidential and not to use said information on his or her own behalf or disclose same to any third party.
Employee Name: Date:
Employee Signature: Place: